Luncheon Honoring Lindsay Spann & Silent Auction
May 20, 2003 at the Beverly Hills Hotel
Our 4th annual luncheon was chaired by Lily Daneshgar and was held at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, California. Our second recipient of the Soaring Spirit Award was Lindsay Spann. She was an inspiration to everyone who attended the event that day.
She shared with everyone that while majoring in journalism at UCLA, she was the recipient of a grant to research the integration of disabled people in Scandinavia. One of the key points she mentioned was that every disabled child has a gift and how important it is for their self-esteem for the people around them to find it and nurture it.
With the funds raised, Looking Beyond supported the following organizations:
- UCLA Early Intervention Program
- Aidan’s Place, a boundless playground project
- Doheny Eye Institute Pediatric trauma Unit
- Ahead with Horses
- Therapy West Summer Enrichment camp program
- Star Bright Foundation
- No Limits Theatre Group
- Richland Avenue School Special Education
- Etta Israel Center Youth Program